Northwest HIDTA recognizes and values the privacy of the law enforcement, treatment, and prevention community and its guests, and strives to set the standard in which we manage personal information.
In principle and practice, Northwest HIDTA strives to:
- Collect, store, and use the minimum amount of personal information necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and to comply with legal obligations.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information managed is accurate and up to date.
- Limit who has access to personal information in our possession to only those who need it for a legitimate, specific purpose.
- Protect personal information through appropriate physical and technical security measures tailored to the sensitivity of the personal data we hold.
- Provide opportunities to control personal information, as permitted by applicable United States and other laws.
- Integrate privacy in the design of our activities when that involves the use of personal data.
This scope of this notice applies to our practices for gathering and disseminating information related to Northwest HIDTA’s website. It is meant to provide an overview of our activities that require the processing of personal information and our approach to protecting privacy. Please be advised that specific initiatives and programs may have specific privacy notices for their activities related to their collection and processing of your personal information.
Northwest HIDTA strives to appropriately manage, secure, and keep private and confidential the personal data entrusted to us.
If you have any inquiries or requests, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be able to reply to requests for the exercise of rights, and if we are not certain of your identity, we may need to ask you for further identification data to be used only for the purposes of replying to your request.
How We Collect Information
Northwest HIDTA collects personal information in the following circumstances:
- Direct Collection: When provided to us, such as when one signs up for a newsletter on one of our websites.
- Automated Processes: Through automated processes. This includes information provided us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on computers when a website is visited.
Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information We Collect
During a user visit to northwesthidta.org, we automatically collect and store certain information about the visit. Information collected includes:
- The Internet domain from which a visitor accesses the website.
- The IP address assigned to the visitor’s computer.
- The type of browser the visitor is using.
- The date and time of visit.
- The address of the website from which the visitor has linked to northwesthidta.org.
In addition, Northwest HIDTA collects information from users who visit northwesthidta.org or through Northwest HIDTA contracted-for third-party advertising and marketing providers (ex: Google Analytics). Information collected may include:
- Content viewed during the visit.
- Date and time of visit.
- Amount of time spent on the website.
- Visitor location based on IP address.
- Demographic information.
Northwest HIDTA’s website also may provide opportunities for site visitors to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information, such as their email address, name, telephone number or street address.
How This Information Is Used
Northwest HIDTA collects and uses information about user visits to allow it to monitor website performance, make improvements to site navigation and content, and better describe its activities and accomplishments toward its mission to various audiences.
We may occasionally process other personal information for other legitimate and specific purposes. When these situations occur, we will endeavor to inform users of such occasional processing activities.
With Whom This Information Will Be Shared
Northwest HIDTA does not sell or rent personal information. We may, however, share personal information in limited circumstances, such as with service providers that support business activities (e.g., distribution services we use to email training announcements). We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
We may also share personal information when required by law, or when we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of the organization and its staff. Unless otherwise notified by the collecting office, information provided to Northwest HIDTA may be shared among offices within the organization and outside entities as necessary or appropriate in the conduct of legitimate Northwest HIDTA business and consistent with applicable law.
To enhance your experience, “cookies” may be placed on your computer or device. Cookies are files that store your preferences. When you access northwesthidta.org, the following cookies may be placed on your device, depending on your web browser settings. Our website uses the following types of cookies:
Google Analytics Cookies
- Opt-out: You can opt out of Google’s add personalization from Google Ads Settings. Find out more about managing cookies through your browser .
- Browse in private: If you don’t want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.
Social Media Plugins
How Information Is Secured
Northwest HIDTA recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of the information it collects and maintains, and we endeavor to protect information from unauthorized access and damage. We strive to ensure reasonable security measures are in place, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Privacy Notice Changes
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. We will post the date our notice was last updated at the top of this privacy notice.
Who to Contact with Questions or Concerns
If you have any concerns or questions about how your personal data is used, please contact our office at email@example.com.
We strive to keep personal data in our records only as long as they are necessary for the purposes they were collected and processed. Retention periods vary and are established considering our legitimate purposes and all
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process personal information, we will endeavor to have a valid lawful ground for processing in place. We process personal information relying on different lawful grounds for processing, depending on the context of the processing activity.